Full-Stack Developer, AI2 Israel
AI2 Israel is the Israeli branch of the Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, a non-profit research institute founded by Paul Allen with the mission to contribute to humanity through high-impact research and engineering in artificial intelligence.
The Israeli branch focuses on language understanding technologies with the aim to eventually release all developed products, freely, for the public benefit.
As part of our team you will be building software infrastructure to facilitate state of the art research in natural language processing and information extraction. You will contribute to software that is being used by researchers around the world.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, hands-on developer that thrives in a small fast-paced team, is self-directed, a team player, knows how to get things done while still delivering flexible and maintainable code. If you have a passion for driving quality, improving customer experience and designing maintainable and robust systems, we'd love to talk to you!
- 5+ years of Industry experience of backend development with some frontend experience.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc degree in a relevant discipline
- Deep understanding of working in statically typed languages.
- Exceptional ability to learn new languages, technologies and paradigms.
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Python, Scala or TypeScript.
- Experience with functional programming is an advantage.
- Experience with multiple programming languages is an advantage.
- Background in algorithmic coding is an advantage.
- Background in data visualization coding is an advantage.
- Background in language studies or natural language processing is an advantage.
We provide equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and statement of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org